Mirabai started training into Weightlifting as a career in 2007 (at an age 13 years) at Khuman Lampak Sports Complex. For ten years Mirabai underwent intensive training sessions at Anita Chanu’s (a former international weightlifter) weightlifting centre in Luwangsangbam in North Manipur, which is 25 km away from Mirabai’s remote village of Nabakosing. She had to travel a distance of 50 kms after helping her father on the land on daily basis to do her training.
Mirabai has had a regular presence in international events since 2014. She qualified for the 2016 Rio Olympics in the women’s 48 kg category but failed to finish the event. However, she broke her idol’s (Kunjarani Devi) national record during the trials for the 2016 Rio Olympic Games, lifting a total of 192 kg. It was a 12-year-old record Devi had set during the 2004 Olympic Games.
– Silver medal in Glasgow Commonwealth Games (2014)
– Gold medal in World Weightlifting Championships as Anaheim, USA (2017) – broke the competition record with total lift of 194 kg
– Gold medal in Gold Coast Commonwealth Games (2018) – broke the games record in her weight category with a total lift of 196 kg
– Gold medal in 12th South Asian Games (2016)
– Gold medal in the International Youth Championship (2011)